Oct 21, 2009

Suicide and the bible: A believer's freedom: part two

So now, we have a bit of understanding that there is a supernatural occurrence in the blood. Blood is our life, without our blood that is NEPHESH; we would just be an inert mass.

The blood cannot exist without all of its qualities and some of these qualities cannot be seen with the human eye. We can only view some of the important qualities of blood through microscopic means. However, the most important quality of blood is not seen, but through faith we know it is there- because it is given to us by God Himself.

“This is the one who came by water and blood- Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. For there are three that testify the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.” 1 John 5:6-8 NIV

“ … Unless he is born of water and the spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the spirit gives birth to spirit.” John 3:5-6 NIV

This speaks about natural birth and of a spiritual birth that can be brought about by God and him alone (Genesis 2:7) and this does not speak about water baptism.

In natural childbirth, there is water that surrounds the baby, and during labor, the water flows out of the body by way of the birthing canal, the baby is born sometime later.

The birthing process was the same for Jesus, however he had no earthly father- His blood ( Nephesh) came from some other means and differs in characteristics than our own Nephesh (Given by God) because his actually is the deity- God. Adam was created in God’s own image- while we think “image” to be physicality, it cannot because again, God is spirit. We were created in His own likeness and that likeness is our blood- Nephesh.

Given this understanding, we can now know that Jesus Is God! He is Lord of all, we knew that already, but His blood confirms it!

“Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own, Rather it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me what I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me…”
John 14:10-11 NIV


Wow, what a powerful message! This concept is very new to me, and I am understanding it even deeper as I research and write out this commentary! I pray that you are coming to a deeper meaning of Jesus as well!

“I and the Father are one.” John 10:30 NIV

Hanging on the cross waiting for the prolonged torment to end, Jesus hung on the cross bearing the sin of the world as an open declaration for God’s love. When God turned his back on his own son, Jesus could feel it deep within in him.

Some people on their death bed, know when they are dying. I have had experience of it, when I gave birth to my fourth child. It is something that you know and can feel. It's deep with in you and you some how feel yourself succumbing to the grip of death. Through force or acceptance.

My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?” Matthew 27:46 NIV

This is a pivotal point to understanding that Jesus did not die by any other means than through separation. Sin separates man from God, and Jesus stood in as our replacement, which we all know, but at the time of God’s separation from His Son, the blood or Nephesh began to separate –into blood and water. The deity of God and humanity were no longer united and were literally separated by sin! Jesus was speared in his side, and the evidence of that separation spewed onto the ground as foretold; blood and water.

Science has revealed that when a body is dead, the blood separates into blood and water.

Jesus did not give up his life, if he did, he would have been dead. For “the wages of sin is death” Romans 6:23 NIV

Instead Jesus did something for us more remarkable than we can imagine, he gave us LIFE!
When we think of the cross, we think of death, but in actuality what Jesus did was for us, the opposite. His death gave us life!

“Just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” Romans 6:4 NIV

“Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him, for we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way count your selves dead do sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.” Romans 6:8-11 NIV

“This cup is the new covenant in my blood” 1 Corinthians 11:25 NIV

“Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father’s kingdom” Matthew 26:27-29 NIV ( See Fruit of the Spirit study also)

“I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood; you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life and I will raise him up in the last day.” John 6:53-54 NIV

We can never be just a little bit into Christ. With God, it is all or nothing and without Him exclusively we have no life! (His nephesh)

“I am the bread of life. Your fore fathers ate the manna in the desert yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” John 6:48-51 NIV